Make an Explainer Video
According to a recent CISCO study, in 2019, 80% of the world’s Internet traffic will be video.
Explainer videos have boomed in popularity over the recent period due to their affordability and proven effectiveness in growing a business and driving a significant amount of incremental traffic to your website.
They’re fantastic vehicles for delivering large amounts of information in a creative and friendly way. It’s the shortest, highest-octane explanation of what you do, why you matter, or how you’re different. Advertising your video on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter will also bring in more views and clicks than traditional text-based, image-based advertisements too. This all translates to an increase in your marketing effectiveness.
So if you’re an organization with a product, service, idea, or cause that’s in need of simplification, read these key statistics surrounding explainer video marketing:
- Users remember 58% more by watching video vs. just reading alone.
- The average person takes less than a minute to make a purchasing decision. An explainer video will get their attention immediately.
- A video in Google’s index is 53 times more likely to appear on the first-page search results.
- More than 70 percent of businesses reported budget increases for online video.
- Nearly 60% of C-level executives said they would watch video previous to reading text on the same website.
- Consumers who watch product videos are 85% more likely to buy products vs. those who don’t.
- 66% of consumers will watch a product video two or more times.
- When a marketing video is included in an email, the click-through rate increases by 200%-300%.
- 73% of online retailers display videos on their websites.
- Rank Better in Google Search. Websites with videos rank higher in Google universal searches.
Sources: comScore, eMarketer.com, Forbes, Internet Retailer, Forrester. Video Marketing Council and Ad-Ology, The C100 – Tech Crunch, Reel SEO, Small Biz Trends.